The Surestream strategy
Our aim is to generate growth for shareholders by building a balanced and diversified portfolio of African hydrocarbon assets. Our strategy is to acquire significant equity stakes in prospective developing areas in Africa where there are proven petroleum systems. We follow this strategy by:
- Utilising the experience and networks of our management and shareholders.
- Driving primary exploration in the East African rift, new emerging basins and secondary exploration in the overlooked or forgotten plays in other areas (eg the Lower Congo Basin).
- Developing regional concepts to define petroleum systems and potential fairways with low exploration risk.
- Identifying positive opportunities with governments, state oil companies and potential industry farm-ins.
- Negotiating directly with governments to secure favourable terms and high equity stakes.
Our competitive strengths:
- Through our wide network we take stakes in countries with perceived high political risk and difficult business environments.
- We operate in challenging environments and work with indigenous staff using experienced expatriate personnel.
- We have a team of highly experienced geoscientists equipped with leading-edge technology to pursue exploration-driven organic growth.
- We have complete integration of all regional data including fieldwork, satellite studies, aeromagnetic and gravity data, seismic data and oil well information.
- We create organic growth through our dynamic exploration strategy.